A friend said to me recently, “Our Keeper is deeper than my mind can fathom,” our Keeper being the Lord God.
I agree! God is a deep subject as His thoughts and actions are far beyond mine; and every day I learn something new about Him and His ways.
A relationship with God is dependent upon you. Just how deep do you want to get with Him? Ezekiel said it this way,
And when the man went out to the east with the line in his hand, he measured one thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the water came up to my ankles. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through the waters; the water came up to my knees. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through; the water came up to my waist. Again he measured one thousand, and it was a river that I could not cross; for the water was too deep, water in which one must swim, a river that could not be crossed. Ezek 47:3-5
I have watched those that go to the lake or beach and there are those that stay on shore and those that walk in ankle deep water.
There are the ones that get knee or waist deep and no farther.
Then there are the daredevils – so to speak – the ones that start swimming in water over their head; deep water.
So how deep are you with God?
- On shore, never getting your feet wet. (unsaved)
- Ankle deep, just splashing around. (saved and attend church sometimes)
- Knee deep, wading around within view of the shore (the world) as you pray and go to church but not regularly. A visit from the preacher has you quickly hiding things in your home.
- Waist deep, you have little fish nipping at your feet and legs. You could be bit by a shark in this area. It’s a big commitment. You don’t really struggle at attending the fellowship but you don’t want to be asked to pray or teach a class. You read your Bible but really don’t get that deep with meditative study.
- Over your head in love with the Savior and totally dependent on Him to keep you safe while you fast, pray, read and study the Bible, teach, witness, and testify of the Lord’s goodness and grace.
And I might add one more that I’m not sure any of us make it to – walking ON the water. Now that’s complete faith.
Abba, I’m deep in love with you! In Jesus name, YES&AMEN